Athletic Trainer - Musculoskeletal Clinic, Full-time, Days - $2,000 Sign On BonusLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 36113 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Athletic Trainerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role provides athletic training services primarily in the clinical setting as a physician extender to an Orthopaedics physician or advanced practice provider. The Athletic Trainer will utilize athletic training skills of initial evaluation of patients, patient education, rehabilitation plans, and education of students and residents.
- Rooms patients, performs vitals, reviews medication lists, performs phlebotomy service, and prepares injections.
- Provides athletic training services, injury prevention and rehabilitation to patients.
- Provides prevention, assessment, treatment and reconditioning, taping, bracing, fitting of athletic and durable medical equipment.
- Designs and administers first aid and rehabilitation programs for injured patients in conjunction with the physician during clinic.
- Documents injury and treatment interventions in EPIC and completes necessary paperwork for communication.
- Fosters a collaborative approach by communicating progress with patients, family members, care providers, physician, etc.
- Maintains supplies and equipment
- With a physician, determines patients’ physical readiness to return to full daily activities or participation in sports.
- Aid in the selection, fitting, and maintenance of protective equipment.
- Assists with procedures by sterilizing equipment/instruments, disposing of biohazardous materials, preparing patients for examinations, observing and reporting patient signs and symptoms, assisting with sterile procedures while practicing standard precautions.
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information
- Delivers normal and abnormal tests results and verbatim instructions to patients as directed by the supervising physician.
- Enters physician orders for DME, labs, imaging, procedures, therapy, and referrals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service:
- Assures patient satisfaction by exhibiting service excellence skills and focus on NM’s Patients First values.
- Exhibits customer service by responding to inquiries, complaints, greeting patients warmly, politely, and fostering a positive attitude; displaying care, concern, cooperation and respect for patients and their families.
- Ensures patient’s rights by maintaining confidentiality and privacy during care.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Athletic Training Certification through Board of Certification.
- CPR BLS Certification through American Heart Association (AHA)
- Licensed Athletic Trainer through IDFPR
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Master’s Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience and/or education
- 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
**This position qualifies for a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus**
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine, Full-time, Days *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus* Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transitional Care, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Infusion, Part-time (24 hrs/wk), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Case Manager - Pre-Admissions Testing, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs