Assistant Tech Imaging-Diagnostic Imaging, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 7231 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Assistant Imaging Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Cares for the patient throughout the treatment/procedure according to department and hospital standards of care, age-specific sensitivities, and Patients First guidelines.
- Provides systems support by preparing procedure rooms for patients prior to their arrival in the department and work area
- Assists in preparing patient for exam/procedure, including the ability to explain exams and answer basic questions, knowledge of MR Safety if assignment is MR and brings forward more detailed clinical questions to clinical staff.
- Follows directions of technologist/nurse to assist in performing exam/procedure on patients.
- Processes CDs as needed.
- Participates in lifting and escorting patients and maintains lift equipment competencies (refer to NMH Safe Patient Handling Policy PC 05.0095.)
- Helps to coordinate patient care based on departmental imaging protocols.
- Interacts and communicates with clinical and medical staff to coordinate patient flow.
- Reconciles physician orders to correct exam protocol and escalates discrepancies to appropriate clinical staff.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork and information so treatment/procedure may be performed.
- Retrieves physician orders as needed from all order systems including but not limited to EPIC, Chartview, Powerchart.
- Assists in clarification of patient demographic information.
- Verifies patient information for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors schedule to ensure effective patient flow throughout the diagnostic areas.
- Informs coordinators, charge techs, and patients of delays.
- Identifies and obtains paperwork required to start exams.
- Handles outside films appropriately and obtains patient films when requested.
- High School Diploma.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates computer skills.
- CPR Certification (BLS).
- An essential function of this job is the ability to lift/carry weight of up to 50 pounds.
- An essential function of this job is the ability to push/pull with 50 pounds of force.
- Previous experience in a healthcare delivery position.
- Bilingual language skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs