Application Support Analyst - Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 43105 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Application Support Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Application Support Analyst is responsible, with direction, for maintaining assigned applications and ensuring that they remain fully operational and well-integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This includes monitoring issues that arise on a daily basis, designing and executing change requests from users and performing system testing during code upgrades/projects.
This position also works with Application Analyst Associate and Application Analysts to troubleshoot application problems. The role requires good verbal and written communication skills, ability to troubleshoot issues, and some technical/information system experience. Application knowledge is strongly preferred but not required. In addition, this role provides analytical expertise to information-systems end users with the overall objective of improving the use of application functionality, i.e. enhance work flow, optimize business processes, and identify appropriate systems solutions.
- General Skills:
- Develops skills necessary to support assigned services and systems while learning the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Monitors the production-issue queue and resolves issues while maintaining our Customer Service Level Agreements
- Adheres to and enhances quality-assurance standards, systems development and delivery methodologies
- Contributes to analysis relating to application build and functionality of systems to ensure reliability for current and/or future use
- Develops diagnostic skills and expertise to assist with problem determination and solution across the assigned NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Customer Service:
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs and meets Service Level Agreements as defined in conjunction with our customers. Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, end-users, etc.).
- Develops a basic understanding of the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customer
- Communication Skills:
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction
- Acts as a resource for members of the application teams
- Shifts among different support roles as required by situation
- Adapts to rapid change and manages multiple priorities
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository
- 0-3 years of experience in core discipline
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine, Full-time, Days *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus* Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transitional Care, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Infusion, Part-time (24 hrs/wk), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Case Manager - Pre-Admissions Testing, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs