Application Analyst, Clinical Inpatient Systems, Full Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 67943 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Northwestern Medicine Information Services drives innovative, high-value solutions to transform health care.
We are committed to supporting the relentless pursuit of better medicine by providing exceptional service to our patients and guests as well as internal clients across the organization. To ensure excellence, our team goes to extraordinary lengths to ensure that our systems work together seamlessly.
Northwestern Medicine understands that technology plays an integral role in shaping the future of health care. Information Services strategically supports the organization by:
- Leveraging AI, automation and rollout of advanced cyber controls that support digital transformation strategies
- Implementing advanced technologies in clinical and administrative areas
- Furthering development of the end user support model to help enhance modern infrastructure
Are you interested in an IT career that makes an impact? Join a diverse team that delivers next-generation, innovative solutions that benefit our patients, the workforce and the communities we serve. View the Information Services page to learn more about what our department offers.
The Application Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Support and maintain assigned services and systems
- Works with team to monitor, analyze and plan upgrades
- Monitors the production issue queue and resolves issues while maintaining our Customer Service Level Agreements
- Executes project tasks as assigned
- Adheres to and enhances quality assurance standards, systems development and delivery methodologies
- Contributes to ongoing process to integrate end users requests with software functionality
- Analyzes and provides recommendations relating to application build and functionality of systems to ensure reliability for current and / or future use
- Demonstrates diagnostic skills and expertise to assist with problem determination and solution across the assigned NMHC distributed system IS environment
- Participates in on call rotation
- Contributes to the maintenance of application/technical documentation and architecture diagrams
- Demonstrates proficient competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes technical specifications, develops code and implements systems and system changes to address changing application requirements
- Contributes to analysis and recommendations relating to performance and/or capacity of systems to ensure reliability for current and/or future use
- Analyzes production problems and identifies solutions/changes wherever necessary. Works with customers, application vendors, and other IS resources to secure necessary changes
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate meetings and document notes
- Understands and properly utilizes escalation paths and procedures
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs and meet Service Level Agreements as defined in conjunction with our customers. Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, end-users, etc.)
- Actively participates and communicates with the project and support teams. Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the teams goals and objectives
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members
- Develops relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of IS solutions
- Assists with projects in the planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of application software code. This could include preparing time estimates for project activities and helping develop project timelines, monitoring performance, and reporting progress toward project milestones
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work efforts simultaneously
- Contributes to identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards
Personal and Staff Development
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Application Support Analyst and Associate Analyst, as well as members of the application teams
- Provides feedback for internal process improvement initiatives within team's toolsets and workflows
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others
- Shifts among different support and project roles as required by situation
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities
- 2-5 years of experience in core discipline
- Bachelor's degree
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More