Analytics Undergraduate Internship Program - Summer 2021Chicago, Illinois Job REQID REF10262N Job Function Intern Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, youll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system.
At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The Analytics Team at Northwestern Medicine delivers thoughtful, highly engaging analytics products to our clinical and administrative leadership. These solutions directly impact and help drive the clinical and financial performance of our health system. We are looking for a data driven and business-minded undergraduate student to join our Analytics Summer Internship Program. This is a hands on work engagement! Analytics students interact with our users on a daily basis to provide insights and answers to their questions. Students are embedded with our team, working closely with Analytics Consultants, Data Architects, Operational and Clinical Staff, and Leadership to fulfill the duties and vision of the NM Analytics Department.
Students will complete the internship having direct experience with Healthcare Operations, Analytics Business Process, Epic EMR, ServiceNow, Project Management, Scrum, and much more!
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven, and a strong communicator. Some of those qualities include, but are not limited to:
Be a Data Champion! Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be an advocate of data accessibility, data literacy, and data quality
Be Curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help support our mission, vision, and values and advance our department as a whole.
Be a Team Player! Collaboration is what makes us great – come prepared to work with a diverse cross-section of technical and business professional.
The Undergraduate Intern's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold the mission, standards and values of NMH.
- Successfully complete projects and work tasks as assigned.
- Develop a working knowledge of hospital operations to a degree that allows successful completion of projects supporting a variety of hospital operations.
- Develop working relationships with staff and management that allows for successful business interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Participation in activities designed for development of interns during their assignment at NMH.
- Full communication with department managers and staff in order to successfully transition work at close of internship.
- Additional duties, responsibilities and tasks will be outlined in an appended document to meet the needs of the individual and organization in each internship.
- Additional Functions, Other duties as assigned.
- Full-time enrollment in undergraduate, or graduate, program in engineering, business, information services, health administration, or other relevant field of study.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn new technology and workflows quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience with healthcare
- Experience with any programming language
- Experience with relational database such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access, or SQL Server
- Coursework in computer science, databases, statistics, or healthcare operations
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry (Psychiatric), Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Nurse - Cardiac Lab, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Monitor Tech - Telemetry, Full-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - ICU, Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs