Allied Health Intern - Radiology - Summer 2022Location Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID REF30380A Job Function Intern Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Allied Health Intern(s) reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Allied Health Intern position presents a valuable opportunity for individuals seeking exposure to a variety of Allied Healthcare fields, while gaining learning experience within a premier academic medical center. The individual must share NM core values and have a passion for a mission dedicated to caring and healing.
The Allied Health Intern will be assigned duties and tasks that will expose them to various aspects of hospital Allied Health fields, rotating through modalities such as Diagnostic Imaging, CT, MRI, Mammography, Ultrasound and Nuclear Medicine.
The intern will report directly to an NMH manager or director and be included in meetings and activities within the department. There may also be meetings and professional development experiences organized for all program interns in which participation is expected.
Application Due Date - 2/18/2022
Internship Start Date - 6/15/2022
Internship Program Length - 8 weeks
Hours per week - 32-40 hours per week
The Allied Health Intern’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold the mission, standards and values of NM
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of department
- Organizes and prioritizes assigned work, and schedules time to accommodate program demands to a degree that allows successful completion of projects supporting a variety of hospital operations as assigned
- Develop working relationships with staff and management that allows for successful business interactions across all levels of the organization
- Participation in professional development activities designed for the development of interns during their assignment at NM
- Assists with patient care support according to department and hospital standards of care, age-specific sensitivities, and Patients' First guidelines.
- Assists NM staff with preparing procedure/exam rooms for patients prior to their arrival in the department and work area.
- Participates in lifting and escorting patients and maintains lift equipment competencies refer to NMH Safe Patient Handling Policy PC 05.0095.
- Along with Assistant Technologist, helps technologists/nurses to coordinate patient care based on departmental imaging protocols. Interacts and communicates with appropriate staff to coordinate patient flow.
- Recognizes and reports problems to appropriate program manager/supervisor(s).
- Additional duties, responsibilities, and tasks will be outlined to meet the needs of the individual and organization in each internship.
Required Documentation for Application Submission to be Uploaded
- Professional letter of recommendation
- One page statement addressing the following:
- Describe why you have an interest in a career in Radiology.
- Describe an obstacle you’ve faced when working towards your academic, career, or personal goals and how you’ve worked to overcome it.
- Describe the lessons you’ve learned through those experiences and how they will help you be successful in your career in Healthcare.
- High School Diploma at time of Internship start date
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates computer skills.
- Expressed interest in direct patient care career opportunities
- CPR-BLS Certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine, Full-time, Days *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus* Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transitional Care, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Infusion, Part-time (24 hrs/wk), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Case Manager - Pre-Admissions Testing, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs