Advanced Practice Fellowship (Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant) – Hospital Medicine/Medical ICU, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 21539 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an acute care nurse practitioner or physician assistant. We are seeking highly motivated new graduates who would like to build a career providing acute care in the hospital setting. This is an intensive six-monthtraining program that uses a multidisciplinary approach to prepare clinicians to step into the challenging and fast paced role of an inpatient Advanced Practice Provider (APP). Fellows will start with a bootcamp to review fundamentals as well as develop skills needed to act as a primary service provider. Fellows will split their time between the ICU and the general medicine floors. You will work directly with APPs as well as physicians in caring for patients admitted for a variety of medical etiologies. There will be dedicated didactic teaching as well as case based learning and simulations. Fellows will learn to master conducting comprehensive histories, performing physical exams as well as diagnostics and creating treatment plans. Oral presentations and note writing skills will be reviewed weekly. There will be a strong focus on evidenced based medicine and developing critical reasoning skills when interpreting new research. Following the fellowship, preference is given to high-performing fellows for open positions within Northwestern.
Primarily day shift, no holiday, but will do some weeks of nights and some weekend rotations during the 6 months; no on-call.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Practitioner (APRN-CNP) or Physician Assistant (PA) in the Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Fellow role reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics, Corporate Compliance Program and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Advance Practice Fellowship will provide leading-edge post-graduate, on-the-job training to prepare APP fellows for successful practice in a acute care. Exposed to a variety of clinical rotations, APP Fellows will refine critical thinking, diagnostic, and clinical skills necessary for managing complex medical situations and for providing safe, efficient and effective care to adult hospitalized patients in designated specialty. The APP fellowship provides an opportunity for licensed advanced practice providers to receive 6 months of intensive clinical training and preparation for the acute care setting.
Grounded in a rigorous didactic curriculum, this intensive training program will offer hands-on clinical care through structured clinical rotations in hospital medicine and designated specialty, as well as rotations in designated specialty ambulatory setting. The program places an emphasis on multi-disciplinary learning and communication. All fellows will work under the direct guidance of APP preceptors and attending physicians. Upon completion, advanced practice fellows will have acquired enhanced skills in hospital medicine and designated specialty area, preparing them for APP acute care positions or ambulatory positions.
- Complete all requirements for credentialing and privileging at NMH for inpatient core privileges
- Attend all didactic lectures and educational opportunities scheduled for APP fellows
- Provide direct care to patients as assigned by clinical preceptors
- Collaborate and consult with physicians and other health care professionals as appropriate
- Develop organizational skills to manage a patient caseload
- Develop effective communication and presentation skills with the interdisciplinary team
- Develop a deep and broad knowledge base of the common disease processes for which patients are hospitalized through fellowship training and home study as appropriate
- Identify individual professional development needs and work w/ APP preceptors/mentors to create opportunities for learning and practice
- Participate in APP monthly mentoring meetings and monthly APP grand rounds.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- For APRN's, must have Adult Gerontology Acute Care certification.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois/Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois OR current license as a Physician Assistant in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board.
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO).
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Phlebotomist- Diagnostic Testing Center, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Inpatient Coder I - Hospital Billing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Centralized Scheduling Rep, Full-time, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Administrative Tech - Pediatrics, Part-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs