Administrative Fellowship ProgramLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID REF19561Q Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Northwestern Medicine Administrative Fellowship Program is a two-year experience beginning each summer. The Fellowship Program provides top talent with an unparalleled opportunity to contribute to a top-decile academic medical health system, while developing the skills and attributes necessary to excel as a leader in the healthcare field. Organized as an educational career development program, Administrative Fellows receive a salary with benefits identical to those of other hospital employees, in addition to an allowance for moving expenses. Fellows will be based in Northwestern Medicine’s exciting downtown Chicago campus, and are expected to participate in system wide projects, which may require some commuting between locations in the Chicago area. Administrative Fellows have the opportunity for exposure to and experience with all aspects of healthcare operations. Throughout the program, fellows will interact with the management team, medical leadership, and campus partners. By program’s end, graduates will have gained an understanding of clinical operations, support services operations, business development, physician relations, hospital finance, community relations, and government relations. Northwestern Medicine is an organization that welcomes, values, and embraces diversity. We want our employees to feel comfortable being who they are, so we work to create a company culture that provides everyone equal access to information and opportunities.
Program Overview: The two-year Administrative Fellowship program is comprised of a combination of project work, fellow-directed activities, and management experience. The first 30 to 60 days of the first year are spent gaining an understanding of the broad spectrum of hospital and system departments through shadowing and informational interviews. The fellow will then proceed to get involved in projects embedded in various departments throughout the system, as determined by both personal interests as well as institutional need. Projects are often selected from current organizational priorities, such as business development, strategic planning, hospital operations, and community service. In addition to the project involvement during the first year, the fellow engages in a long-term process improvement training class and leads a process improvement project that may or may not be in an area of previous work. The second year is spent serving as an interim manager of a department that is selected based on institutional need and the fellow’s goals and skills. During this time the fellow continues to be closely mentored by members from the executive leadership team. This mentorship provides a mutually rewarding and satisfying experience for administrative fellows and members of Northwestern Memorial leadership by fostering a relationship between experienced leaders and those aspiring to leadership roles.
• The most promising applicants possess demonstrated leadership skills, superior academic performance and relevant work experience related to healthcare.
• Successful fellows project maturity, professionalism and initiative. They are passionate about their career aspirations.
• Candidates must either be in the process of completing or possess a master's degree in health services or business administration or the equivalent.
To Be Uploaded:
Candidates must complete the online application and upload the following electronically as part of the application. Once you apply, you will be able to log into the system and submit the required documents. If you need the letters of recommendation sent directly to NM, please have them emailed to Erin Cohan at email@example.com.
- Personal Statement
- Graduate Transcript(s)
- NM will accept unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation (One from a past or present employer/One from an academic professor)
Application and Selection Timeline:
- Application Due Date: September 24, 2021
- On-site Final Round Interview: TBD
- Final Selection: October 2021
- Fellowship Program Start Date: Summer 2022
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs