Administrative Coordinator - Neurological Surgery, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 16112 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Administrative Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Independently performs high level technical and administrative work supporting the division or unit.
- Serves as a project manager for a variety of special projects; conducts special studies and analyses and makes recommendations to resolve organizational, procedural and system problems.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms control, supplies inventory, and office layout. Implements changes independently for areas of responsibility.
- For issues outside responsibility, makes recommendations and, following managerial review, implements changes.
- Uses organizational software applications to research and prepare documents and presentations.
- Collects, analyzes, and manage data.
- Manages calendar; sets meeting priorities; identifies objectives of meetings and identifies materials needed for meeting; exercises judgment to ensure appropriate parties attend meeting.
- Screens incoming email, mail and telephone calls to assign priority, route as needed, identify additional resources needed to address and/or respond to the communication.
- Independently plans and executes events, activities, and meetings.
- Assists with creation, preparation, and distribution of materials to be presented to all levels of organizational staff.
- Reads, researches, and routes correspondence while maintaining security and confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Authors responses on behalf of director or department.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all internal and external customers including patients, providers, staff and vendors.
- Records meeting discussions by attending meetings and recording key discussions and conclusions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent relevant admin experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to organize and think independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Arts degree or business equivalent.
- 5 years business experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs