Accounts Payable AnalystLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 22129 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Accounts Payable Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Using expertise in various financial systems including ERP, OCR, contract management, and others, the Accounts Payable Analyst, Finance assesses, modifies, and/or develops and implements more timely and consistent processes/systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Develops and implements system/procedural improvements in pricing, receiving, and other variance analysis.
- Analyzes significant variances and performs troubleshooting activities.
- Performing analysis on invoice match exceptions, received not invoiced, contract pricing variances, and vendor statistics.
- Providing training and education, as needed to management and staff outside of Accounts Payable on the P2P process.
- Works with others throughout the organization to answer inquiries, provide information, assist with trend analysis, and complete various analysis projects.
- Other Accounts Payable system maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-5 years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships across departments/divisions.
- Self-starter in a fast paced environment with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- PeopleSoft or comparable ERP experience.
- Progressive experience resolving pricing, receiving, contract exceptions by working with Purchasing.
- Experience in high volume Accounts Payable department.
- Previous experience in a large organization including multi-corporate environments with many departments.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Phlebotomist- Diagnostic Testing Center, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Inpatient Coder I - Hospital Billing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Centralized Scheduling Rep, Full-time, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Administrative Tech - Pediatrics, Part-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs