Access Team LeadChicago, Illinois Job REQID 4711 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Standards of Performance: Northwestern Medicine Values, Patient Satisfaction and Service. Consistently practices Patients First philosophy and adheres to high standards of customer service. This includes setting an example to peers, coworkers, etc. by fostering a team atmosphere. Responds to questions and concerns. Forwards, directs and notifies Team Lead or Operations Coordinator of extraordinary issues as necessary. Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA regulations.
- Provides exceptional customer service to consumers which establish a positive first impression of Northwestern Medicine.
- Exceed all consumer requests and alert management of issues or concerns that require escalation.
- Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information in accordance with organization standards.
- Interacts with various hospital departments and physicians offices to effectively schedule and direct patients through the NMHC systems in a patient
- Minimum of two years experience in customer service or patient relations. Excellent interpersonal verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Received favorable annual performance reviews if internal applicant in the past one to two years.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic Computer Skills. Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task. Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Bachelors degree. Healthcare Finance and/or Healthcare Insurance Knowledge. Experience in a healthcare setting, especially patient scheduling and/or registration.
- Coding Certification. Certified Healthcare Associate Designation (NAHAM).
- Two - four years of progressive experience in a revenue cycle setting.
- Financial aptitude, business orientation or experience/knowledge of hospital based patient management/patient accounting
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry (Psychiatric), Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Nurse - Cardiac Lab, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Monitor Tech - Telemetry, Full-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - ICU, Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs