Senior Technical Analyst - ServiceNow Configuration Management Process Owner - Full-Time, DaysLocation Carol Stream, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 32444 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Senior Technical Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for keeping their assigned or designated application systems and their associated software fully operational and well integrated into NMHC information technology environment. This position also monitors, analyzes and plans upgrades, as necessary, to ensure adequate capacity and availability to meet the user needs.
General Technical Skills
- Maintains solid competence for assigned services and systems while grasping the integration and interaction of all supported services and systems
- Provides leadership and support for computing systems and systems integration.
- Conducts, analyzes, recommends and presents performance and/or capacity analysis to assure systems reliability for current and/or future use.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of the full range of NMHC IT systems.
- Provides diagnostic skills and expertise to coordinate problem determination and resolution, with vendors and manufacturers, across the full range of NMHC server/distributed system IT environment.
- Responds thoroughly and promptly to customer needs as defined in conjunction with our customers. Manages customer relationships and follows issues through to closure. Includes all aspects of customers (NMHC technology users, IS team members, end-users, etc.).
- Works effectively in supporting the technical teams and customers with project and support activities. Actively participates and communications with the project teams. Prepares and delivers effective support by seeking a thorough understanding of the teams goals and objectives.
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMHC and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Proficient in all written communication, both internally and externally.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Determines strategy and supports system and interfacing to assure stable integration of the NMHC distributed system IT environment.
- Reviews projects, analyzes business requirements, recommends system changes, writes specifications and implements system and system changes to address changing application and end user requirements.
- Provides leadership including the identification and implementation of NMHC best practice standards.
- Develops project plans to direct system activities either in support of application projects or as independent work activities.
- Works directly with project managers to understand application objectives, develop scope of project, outline effort projections, determine schedules, and finalize plans.
- Establishes and enforces standards, policies and procedures for application systems.
- Participates in long and short range system planning.
Personal and Staff Development
- Leads ongoing processes to integrate end users requests with software functionality.
- Seeks to improve talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Provides mentoring and acts as a resource for Associate Application Analyst and Application Analyst, as well as members of the technical teams.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts easily among different support and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The ServiceNow Configuration Management Process Owner is primarily responsible for managing/owning the Configuration Management process which maintains information about configuration items and their relationships to deliver services.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Configuration Management standards, processes, policies and procedures; recommend updates based on experiences to streamline process and improve efficiency of execution
- Monitors health of the Configuration Management process in tandem with CMDB admin, recommending process, design, and/or operational updates to reduce time and cost requirements for CMDB upkeep and improve overall data quality
- Works closely with the CMDB Manager and the ITSM Team
- Acts as liaison to the Asset Management process owner and team
- Works closely with the Azure cloud team to define and improve the configuration management of cloud devices
- Design, implement, and socialize focused configuration management reports and dashboards to show overall health of the CMDB and the Configuration Management process specifically addressing the needs of our larger customers: IT infrastructure, Network, Application/Service Owners and Asset Management
- Develop materials and execute training for technology staff on Configuration Management principles, policies, standards, and procedures to drive adoption and adherence to these procedures across the enterprise
- Collaborate with SN technical teams to update SN with regards to Configuration Management process and workflow
- Establish standards and manage regular audits, identifying records with incorrect or outdated information, and coordinating with CI owners to remediate data inaccuracies
- Work closely with CI owners
- Manage the bi-annual business service and application certification process in conjunction with CI owners and the CMDB Manager
- Lead and drive OCM for Configuration Management
- Define Configuration Management metrics and KPIs
- Compile and present bi-yearly process reviews
- Manage/oversee all Configuration Management initiatives and projects
- Create service improvement plans and work to continually improve Configuration Management
- Back Up the CMDB Manager
- Bachelors in related field (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years experience in core discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 5+ years experience in core discipline in the healthcare industry
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Immediate Care Technician - ICC Lincoln Square (Full time/Day) Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Emergency Room, Part-time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Health Unit Coordinator -McHenry OB, Part Time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Clinical/RN Value Analysis Manager, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois,
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs