Manager Information Services Data Center OperationsLocation Carol Stream, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 34978 Job Function Management-Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager, Information Services reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Direct and/or manage all project, process, resource and support activities as related to supported applications.
- Monitor, measure and report customer service levels against agreed upon performance standards.
- Provide team leadership and education in support of service management and service delivery processes.
- Demonstrate functional insight into industry and business process domains.
- Participate in all major strategy, operations and project related decisions for application management as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to "get things done", effectively direct the execution of the projects to support the achievement of successful, on time and on budget delivery of IT commitments.
- Direct and validate system documentation at all stages of development and support.
- Provide for twenty-four hour technical support.
- Work with Service Management and Technology Teams to ensure problem coverage and minimize system downtimes.
- Manage resource agility/versatility for all direct reports and assist with progression of employee career paths.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts and contract management policies for cost effectiveness, negotiate licensing agreements, plan for major software/infrastructure upgrades, and ensure that service management processes are used.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with the changing environment and to lead/facilitate and manage change efficiently and effectively where appropriate.
- Manage operating and capital budgets to meet NMHC budget goals.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character and demonstrated high moral, ethical behavior.
- Host site visits and effective tell the "NMH Story".
- Present at industry conferences as needed.
- Represent NMH at local user groups and symposiums.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in Information Services management and project management.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated budget management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with and negotiating with external vendors.
- Experience working with and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding coordination, facilitation, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
- Management experience with complex, cross-organizational systems.
- Healthcare technology background.
- Master's degree in related field.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Cook I - West Region - Central DuPage Hospital, Part-time Winfield, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Psychiatric, Part-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Medical/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs